Monday, August 29, 2011

Tints & tangents...

I just can't get it out of my head; the intangible ambiguity of inspiration.  The encouraging notion of creativity in the most unlikely of circumstances.  My hands were marinating in vivid liquid, my senses were offended by the bitter aroma of vinegar, empty mason jars were begging to be filled, and I was suddenly swimming in inspiration.  While my beets were pickling, the brilliance of dramatic colors and invigorating pigments left me craving more color - especially when the sky turned unexpectedly grey and dim on a summer afternoon.
Katie Quinn Davies {of What Katie Ate} always satisfies my delight for delicious color {her beet adventures are significantly more photogenic than mine}.  This collection of images is like a fresh summer day radiating across the senses.
{After a lengthy pause for fresh air and fresh ventures, I am crawling back to elle oh demanding a creative outlet.  And, apparently, I came back with an excess of words to share.}

21 comments:

Ann said...

Hi Leigha!

Hope all is well with you!
Anything new?


-Ann

Kelle Dame said...

You came back with an excess of beautiful words! I love the way you write! So glad you're back!!
Kelle
xoxo

Krystal said...

i am so glad you have returned!!

Jenn said...

I LOVE that you popped up in my google reader! :) I hope all is well with you!

pam in oregon said...

Happy to see you are back!

Splendid Willow said...

Love that you are back! Purring like a cat over here!

... now stay!

Hugs,


Mon

solene said...

Je suis heureuse de vous lire à nouveau ?
vos billets me manquaient ...
Merci de ce joli billet de couleur vive !
Solène

Style Maniac said...

You did indeed, and the imagery is popping off the page.

Redlilocks {Swoon Worthy} said...

You have indeed! So nice to see you back blogging, you've been missed my dear x

Agneta said...

YES you are back .... sooooo nice!

Agneta

casey said...

Love your words. You inspire me to write more creatively.

Bring Pretty Back said...

I am happy you came back with so many words!!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

Treadgold said...

We all need a break sometimes, lovely to come across your latest post on a Sat afternoon...

bicocacolors said...

welcome back!!!

a big hello from Madrid,
elena

Francine Gardner said...

So beautifully said... one never knows when suddenly you feel inspired by an object, a word, a color...

Aletheia said...

Welcome back!

Decor de Provence said...

Just found your amazing blog! I'm glad to hear you're back! WOW - your writing is exceptional, there is nothing better than amazing writing with good taste. Can't wait to hear more!

Desiree

Miranda said...

hello elle-oh!
(thats very catchy)

your writing has just wooed me completely.
"the intangible ambiguity of inspiration" - those are the words of a natural philosopher, wow.

Interior Design said...

Buttermilk biscuits is one of my favorites. Nice read. Nice post. Nice blog!

rental mobil said...

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

Coryanne Ettiene | Housewife Bliss said...

Welcome back darling and happy holidays to you, I always love popping in to see your inspiration. All the best, Coryanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails