Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Exoskeletons and pocket watches...

As you may remember, I have a lust for beetles. All six graceful legs and a single glossy exoskeleton. Combine my insect imagery with contrast, vintage wares, typography, a pocket watch dangling gracefully, and the amalgam is bliss. Black and white beetled bliss.
The Chalcosoma atlas print from Hagedornhagen is worth coveting. The glimpse of gorgeousness on the right hails from Annaleena's Hem {spotted on Lotta Agaton, the loveliest place of online real estate}.

11 comments:

Hem said...

Thank you so much...:)

Varm regards, Annaleena

Eldrid said...

Oh my!
You like spiders..
hehe..
You help everyone else see the beauty in somthing that i would ot by my self..but i have to say..it looks pretty coll!
I realy like the lamp!!
And i love your blog!:)

Charlotte Bladh said...

Thank you for visiting my blog <3

kavka said...

Dear Leigha, thanks for visiting my blog! It's makes me very happy reading the first comment of new guest and finding out who's behind :-) I love your blog, so many interesting subjects, must stay here for a moment (I suppose very long moment). Hugs

Loretta Fontaine (APPLESandRUBIES) said...

Leigha- Patent Leather Black beautiful!

Nothing as amazing as nature! Love it!

Loretta

Dessi - Home and desire said...

Thanks for your comment in my blog!

Who doesn't love Lotta Agatons blog?!

Dessi

Diana said...

Wow! I never thought of beetles as so stylish. They're a pretty elegant insect! I never even noticed.

(P.S. I had to stop myself from spelling "beetles" as "beatles". And just did it again).

MOKKASIN said...

What a lovely blog! I had to put you on my favorite list.
Have a fine day!

Anna G. said...

Lovely pics! I like insects too:
http://lamaisondannag.blogspot.com/2011/02/insectes.html
:)

Style Attic said...

These are the best kind, no need for spray! Black beauties here for sure :)

Sell Rolex Watch said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails