Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Center stage...

As a designer, I live with an occupational hazard.  My eyes always drift into the background, scouring the details.  Whether watching a movie, perusing an ad, attending a dinner party, or scrolling through my google reader, regardless of what is happening in the foreground, my eyes always seem to elevate the materials and furnishings of the background into center stage. 
Classic example, this beautiful collection of images was lingering over at Little Blue Deer.  For a background set to rival a dramatic and intricate wedding dress, it has to be stunning.  The worn walls, glamorous mirrors, typography props, and exposed brick have definitely danced into center stage.  Hmmm...what wedding dresses?!?

8 comments:

Modern Country Style said...

Haha!

You're so right. It is an occupational hazard.Today, I was so admiring someone's front door colopur that I nearlycycled into a lamp post!!

Not good. :-(

GB said...

I need to stop echoing you everywhere Leigha! (I do this all the time!--thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one!) :)

Kelle Dame said...

Wow! Totally gorgeous!! I know what you mean though..it's hard to just focus on the dresses.

Vintage och morrhår said...

Love, love, love every little detail in those images, amazing!!

Style Attic said...

I am the SAME WAY!! It used to drive my mom crazy to watch movies with my dad and I. Now I drive my husband mad with all the details sightings!!

You are Shari are both delightful and talented people :)

XO,

Kelly

Elizabeth said...

The setting and the dress are stunning!

Agneta said...

Your blog is like a cream cake and my eyes, eat and eat. Thanx for nice comment on my WabiSabi blog!

Agneta, the swedish one ;)

Harmoni og Kontrast said...

Dearest, sweetest Leigha. Sorry that I have been so quite lately, but my health isn't so good and I had to put my blogging down to a minimum. But I am still here and follow your blog! Wonderful posts lately, thank you for sharing - hope you are doing ok?... Love, Laila

Related Posts with Thumbnails