Thursday, September 16, 2010

Chromatic theology...

The recent Chromatic Theology series has given me a slight tinge of color envy. Soak up this post and feed your jealous streak with a heaping dose of green.
Each post in this series explores an individual hue, but the characteristics of the topic color can be translated into tints and shades. Keep in mind that the effects and emotions we discuss are most prominent and intense in pure, saturated color. To some extent, the distinctive attributes of green will be present in color variations - grass, avocado, chartreuse, apple, kelly, olive, etc.
GREEN is a secondary color with harmonious emotional content. Green draws life from yellow, while blue lends a calming effect. One of the only unanimous forms of beauty is nature; green is the predominant color in nature - commonly regarded as the ideal color, carrying the positive charisma of all hues. Color schemes implementing green have been used extensively in offices, institutions, and public spaces, denoting the negative ‘institutional green’. Even in large doses of saturated color, green is rarely offensive. This hue is considered innately pleasurable, sharing calming and restful implications with nature.
Come back next week for an optimistic and lively case of the blues.

{Photographs from Michael Eastman.}

{This series is also running on EcoSalon!}

13 comments:

GB said...

I love that first image! How gorgeous is that carpet??? swoon.

Kellie Collis said...

I love the bed in image 2. Gorgeous! Kellie xx

Style Attic said...

It may be a secondary color, but it's primary for so many people ;) This is making me miss my color class from college. Love your color posts! Once you go through the wheel, you should re-post according to seasons and gift us all with the colors. You do great work & I'm a fan!!! xo, Kelly

Emilies interiør said...

I love all these images! Beautiful!

Splendid Willow said...

Leigha,

I have never been a big fan of green - and yet I have green eyes!

But you are so right, it is a calming color and never offensive. (And the pictures you show are beautiful).

I might need to change my color attitude!

Happy weekend to you!

Mon

Struggler said...

The first image is stunning, but I really don't think I could live with it! For some reason, it makes me feel a little seasick... :)

Kelle Dame said...

Green is very prominent in my house. I guess I'm a very Kelle Green kind of girl! I love this chromatic series. Great post!

Housewife Bliss said...

I must have that green wall -- stunning. But the wood flooring is to die for....alas only the green wall will do in AZ.

The Goods Design said...

That first image is BEYOND stunning!

Bringing Pretty Back said...

Love the first image as well!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

Dovecote Decor said...

You know Michael Eastman blows my mind. I think the green in offices is a shade I call "currency green," evoking the Greenback. I think green is nature's neutral so we should all go there. It is outside our windows, unless you're at the beach. I know I'm in a great post when I nod to myself. This series is fantastic, so TY.
Best,
Liz

Modern Country Style said...

I really love the dark olive. Gorgeous pictures.

I'm just checking you're okay.....you've been unusually quiet both here and onModern Country Style!! I've been missing you!

Sarahx

Turquoise Diaries said...

I love the selection of items on your blog..Nice taste :))

Related Posts with Thumbnails