Monday, August 30, 2010

Fundamentals and flirtations...

Ah, post-vacation blues.  The deep blue of this gorgeous dining room {from the portfolio of Hans Blomquist} is subtly reminiscent of the Aegean blue that somehow wondered into the fresh lake nestled in the mountains of northern Utah where I spent my weekend frolicking and gathering freckles in the sun.   
Speaking of blues, if you have a yearning for the rest of the visible spectrum, visit my guest tutorial at Housewife Bliss today {the photograph above is just a hint of the gorgeous visuals}.  The post is a combination of color fundamentals {including the many types of color schemes} and flirtations {teaming with ideas of how to incorporate color into your interior}.  I even polished my Photoshop skills just for the lovely Housewife Bliss readers.  Go ahead, take a gander...

9 comments:

GB said...

Hopping back from your post Leigha! Loved the simplified color wheel and the post!! but why were the pictures so tiny?...any hoo, loved reading the post! :)

Housewife Bliss said...

I love the midnight tones of this blue...yes tiny they were, alas my technical skills failed me, I could not figure out why they kept appearing so small on the site....will try to rectify this evening...because they are stunning images! Loved having you over darling

Style Attic said...

The wood tone of the chairs is spot on for that blue. I did see your post and you've got "skills" fer sure :) Color me happy!

STYLIZIMO said...

Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog.
I really like your blog as well, and are now YOUR newest follower:)

-Nina

Kelle Dame said...

Just got back from reading your post and I really enjoyed all the information and examples you provided. It's going down as one of my favorites!

Krystal said...

post vacation blues, sad!!

Modern Country Style said...

Love that dining room and LOVED reading your colour tutorial.

I was surprised to have quite strong emotioal reactions tosome of the combinations (triad? Uugh!) you talked about. Is that weird?!

vosges paris said...

Great picture I have it torn out of a magazine a long time ago , because I loved the blue color and the drawers ;)
Sorry to hear you are jealous on my flirtations and frolicks around Paris... You know what they say ' we always have Paris; so one day you will be wandering along the Seine ;)

I have to check up the word 'frolicks' as I do not know (although I can imagine) what it means
hugs desiree... I am gonna check out your guest post now!

Splendid Willow said...

Left a comment over at Housewife Bliss!

Hugs to you,

Mon

Related Posts with Thumbnails